49th AAGL Global Congress on Minimally Invasive Gynecology
Call for Abstracts
Sharing research in minimally invasive gynecologic techniques and improving medical care are the primary objectives of the AAGL Global Congress. The Scientific Program Committee invites all physicians, engineers, scientists, and operating room personnel to submit abstracts or videos for consideration for presentation at the 2020 Global Congress.
Begin a submission to the following:
Guidelines and Instructions
Below, you'll find the information required for each step in the submission process:
- Submission Policies
- Paper and e-Poster Submission Instructions
- Video Submission Instructions
- Abstracts should be written and submitted by the author. Abstracts written and submitted by industry personnel on behalf of a doctor are not allowed.
- All accepted abstract must have at least one AAGL Fellow or Member or Candidate for Membership as an author of the presentation.
- Paper/e-Poster abstract submissions are limited two submissions as presenting author and four overall per meeting. For video abstract submissions, a limit of two submissions as presenter and four overall.
- Do not use proprietary names alone in the title or body of the abstract. If necessary, you may include a proprietary name in parentheses directly after the generic name on first use in the body of the abstract. The AAGL reserves the right to replace proprietary names with generic names.
- All submissions must be made online by the deadline. Changes to abstracts may not be made once the deadline passes. The AAGL will not review any abstract submission submitted as hard copies via email. All selected paper and e-Poster abstracts for AAGL 2020 are to be presented in English.
- Completed submissions will be anonymously graded by the Abstract and Video Review Committee. Name(s) of author(s) and statements of affiliation are not allowed in the title or abstract text.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the authors to present if selected. Failure to present may result in exclusion from the scientific program for two years.
- All presenters are required to register for the annual meeting and pay all applicable fees.
- The AAGL does not pay honoraria or travel/housing expenses for any presenters at the annual meeting.
- The AAGL will notify the presenting author of the status of submitted absracts by email. It is the responsibility of the presenting author to contact the AAGL if notification is not received within two weeks of the published notification dates.
Obtain information regarding membership to the AAGL.
The AAGL holds copyright on all material presented at the annual meeting.
The AAGL holds copyright on all material presented at the AAGL's annual meeting until and unless such material is found unsuitable for publication.
Control of Content
The AAGL considers presenting authors, not co-authors, to be in control of the educational content. It is the AAGL’s policy and traditional scientific publishing and professional courtesy to acknowledge all people contributing to the research, regardless of CME control of the live presentation of that content. Though they are acknowledged, co-authors do not have control of the CME content and their disclosures are not published or resolved.
Submitting Scientific Papers to JMIG
It is not mandatory that all manuscripts based on annual meeting presentations be submitted to the AAGL's journal, JMIG. However, we encourage you to submit manuscripts electronically to Elsevier.
Financial Interest Disclosure Policies
All persons in a position to control the content of an activity must disclose any and all financial interests.
- The presenting author listed on an abstract must disclose whether or not s/he has any financial interest. This is required even if s/he has no financial interest.
- Submission of this information indicates that presenting author has complied with the AAGL's policy and will disclose all financial interest at the time of his/her presentation.
- Failure to comply with the disclosure policy when known and deliberate will result in exclusion from the program for two years.
- Financial interest will be disclosed through the online Program Search and in the Mobile Meeting Guide.
- Even though disclosure has been made, presentations and handouts should not promote the use of any commercial product.
- Presenters who are employed by a commercial interest can NOT present. AAGL presentations may not be used for commercial promotion.
Disclosure of financial interest should also be made at the time of the presentation.
- Oral presenters are required to display a financial interest slide at the beginning of their presentation and to verbally disclose all financial interest.
- E-Poster presenters are required to post all financial interests on their e-poster.
- Video presenters are required to announce all financial interests at the beginning of their video.
Professional Education Department Staff
If you are unable to locate the information you need, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View, Resume, Edit or Withdraw a Submission:
If you have already submitted an abstract title you may log in below using the abstract id number and password already provided to you:
Forgotten ID and password?
We will email it to you.